Friday, May 4, 2012

Valentines day in Student teaching

2/14/12

(A bit late on this blog, but oh well, i'm trying to get better!!!)

Its Valentines Day!  The day of celebrating love!  It was a beautiful cool and crisp day today as I walked up the long walkway and up the the second floor of Briarwood with all my goodies for my teachers and kids.  Previously I had made little red hearts cut from poster board with Collosians 3:23 written on each heart "DO all of your work strongly for the LORD and not for mankind."  I pok3ed two holes thorough the top and stuck a new, un-sharpened pencil through the holes.  It was a simple and cute with a lifesaver taped to each pencil.

Briskly I walked into the other five, third grade teachers rooms, said happy valentines day and plopped their gift on each desk.  By the time I reached my classroom, I was so overjoyed by the love the children had with their gifts and so eager to dish out to everyone.  As I turned the corner into my classroom, the smell of cocoa, sugar and sweets filed the room!

The principle waltzed in our room with a beaming smile and large box of candy filled cups for her teachers.  She exuded love for her job and joy in dishing out little and simple valentines for all of her teachers just to make their Valentines special.

At the end of the day, the children lined up their paper lunch bags on top of their desk to have them filled with little goodies.  By the time the last child filled their goodie into their friends bags I thought for sure each bag was going to bust!  The children were so happy and so eager to look in their bags all to see what they have received of course.  My teacher was so fair and allowed them each one thing from their bag to ease their excitement!

The joy, laughter and excitement that day filled my heart to see the happiness in my kids.  Its days like this that are a joy to look forward to and help the more challenging days of course.

Blessed and thankful my calling is a teacher!
Mrs. Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment